Match Series- 18" Big Gunner, 6.5 Creedmoor, 416R, 5R, Nitride, Nickel Teflon Extension
- Usually Ships Within 2 Business Days
Faxon continues our fantastic barrel-making with a bit more punch. We've updated our previous Medium-Taper profile taking into account customer feedback, optimizing the barrel to meet the Gunner brand's high standards.
The 6.5 Big Gunner profile barrels are the big-brother to our famous 5.56 Gunner barrels. The Big Gunners feature a medium-taper behind the gas block. The gas block journal is set to .750" for compatibility with most common gas blocks and 1.9" in length for long blocks or aftermarket piston kits. From the gas block journal forward we use a thinner taper, designed to reduce weight yet maintain rigidity for high rates of fire and as a suppressor host.
- Barrel Material: 416-R
- Barrel Type: 5R Button Rifled
- Barrel Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor
- Barrel Twist: 1:8
- Barrel Length: 18
- Barrel Profile: Big Gunner
- Barrel Gas System: Rifle
- Inside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Outside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24
- Gas Block Diameter: .750"
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.9"
- Barrel Extension: DPMS LR-308 Compatible - Nickel Teflon Coated
- Barrel Weight: 2.46lbs
- Magnetic Particle Inspected
- Polished 11-degree Target Crown
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very good accuracy so far (to 100yds.) I would prefer barrel markings ahead of gas port. This is on a converted.308, and would be difficult to read under the gas tube (where marked).