Faxon 16" Straight Fluted 10/22 Barrel, Nitride, ThreadedFaxon
One of the pillars of Faxon Firearms is our belief in the Fellowship of Firearms.
We believe that firearms bring people together and create generational memories. Since the 19th century, the .22 LR has been a perennial favorite for beginning and seasoned shooters alike. That's why we're excited to bring you everything you love about our AR and pistol barrels to the beloved "22."
As with all Faxon Barrels, the "Faxon Rimfire" line is made in-house at our Cincinnati facility from raw bar stock, and undergo the same rigorous testing and quality control measures that have made our AR and pistol barrels a market favorite.
These barrels are made from 416-R stainless steel, given 6 Groove Rifling at a 1:16 twist, and a Recessed Target Crown. Barrels are Magnetic Particle Inspected, and are finished in either Salt Bath Nitride or PVD.
To give these Faxon Rimfire barrels our unique touch, we have adapted 3 of our most popular barrel profiles from the AR platform to rimfire: Pencil, Straight Fluted, and our patented Flame Fluted profile.
Faxon Rimfire barrels offer weight-savings to typical factory barrels for 10/22.
- Standard Factory Barrel: 1.78 lbs
- Faxon Rimfire Pencil Barrels: 1.0 lbs
- Faxon Rimfire Fluted Barrels: 1.4 lbs
All Faxon Rimfire Barrels are backed by the Faxon Lifetime Guarantee.
- Barrel Caliber: .22 LR
- Barrel Chamber: .22 LR Sporting
- Barrel Profile: Straight Fluted
- Barrel Material: 416-R Stainless
- Barrel Weight: 1.4 lbs
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Twist: 1:16
- Barrel Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Rifling: 6 Groove
- Target Crown: Recessed
- Compatibility: 10/22, non-takedown
- .912" after chamber
- .586" before thread shoulder
- Muzzle Thread: 1/2x28
- These Faxon Rimfire barrels for 10/22 come with .625" long threads. Each barrel ships with an included adaptor ring that should be used with any muzzle device or suppressor that is short-threaded (.400") for rimfire.
- Barrel Caliber:
- .22 LR
- Barrel Profile:
- Straight Fluted
- Barrel Material:
- 416-R Stainless
- Barrel Weight:
- 1.4 lbs
- Muzzle Thread:
- Barrel Length:
- Barrel Twist:
- Outside Finish:
- Salt Bath Nitride
- 6 Groove
Overall, I like the barrel. It's definitely on the spendy side, though. My Barrel did not have a chamfer in the chamber and it was sharp enough to shave lead off the rounds. This was easily fixed with a debur tool and some fine grit sand paper. Not sure if my barrel just slipped through inspection or if others had this same issue. I emailed the company to let them know of the issue.