Superlative Arms .625" Adjustable Gas Block, Bleed Off - Solid, Melonite FinishSuperlative Arms
The Superlative Arms patented “Bleed Off”, direct impingement, gas block for the AR15 platform adjusts the gas flow by bleeding the gas out of the block instead of restricting the flow like conventional adjustable blocks. Results:
- The pressure used in the block is reduced only to the amount required to drive the bolt carrier. The remaining gas / pressure are bled out of the block allowing the system to run much cleaner and cooler.
- Reduction of felt recoil.
- Patent pending adjustment detent is located outside of the block and therefore no contamination.
- The gas adjustment screw does not restrict the gas flow; therefore there is no erosion or seizing of the screw / no loss of detent due to carbon build up. Although it is removable, we have added a safety mechanism, which stops you from unintentionally backing the screw all the way out.
- When using SBR’s and / or suppressors the bleed off port allows the excessive pressure to be exhausted out of the block reducing blow back.
- Gas Block Material: 416 SS
- Finish: Melonite, QPQ
- Barrel Diameter: 0.625"
- Weight: 1.37 oz.
- Length: 1.00"
- Attachment Type: Solid
- Gas Adjustment: (Patent Pending) 30 Locked Positions, Front Of Block
- Bleed Off Port: (Patented) Front Of Block
- Gas Block - Assembled
- (2) 10-32 x 3/16" Set Screws
- (1) Gas Tube Roll Pins
- (1) 3/32 X 6" L-Shaped Hex Keys
- Installation Instructions & QR code for video tutorial
Purchased this item to use in conjunction with the Faxon LW BCG for my AR-15 build. Took it out to the range and was nothing short of amazed by the ease of use and quality. The one screw adjustment is much easier then the 2 screw setup i've used in the past for adjusting gas pressure. The 1/2 turn "clicks" also make it very easy to keep track of your rotations. The 2 set screws are smooth bottomed so just be advised you will want to dimple your barrel to ensure a solid mount or purchase the clamp-on style instead. I highly recommend this GB especially if using a LW BCG for the fact it works, works well and is extremely easy to adjust. The gas block alone without the gas tube and roll pin weighed in at 40 Grams for those interested in the weight.
I have tried Adjustable Gas Key Systems on The BCG and recently tied the Superlative Gas Adjustable Block.... I found the system easy to adjust and the appeal to me was if we are limiting the gas quantity to suppress or limit gas operation, It makes more sense to avoid dumping unnecessary and excessive Hot Gas and Burnt Powder Exhaust into the receiver area of the rifle at the same time.... Product works great, combined with a recoil reducing Muzzle Brake of choice the gun movement at time of recoil was amazingly still... I recommend this system!