Send us your resume and any other requested materials to Jobs@faxonfirearms.com. Note- Call in inquiries will not be accepted.
The Controller must have 7+ years working in a manufacturing environment. The Controller works in collaboration with the owners and senior management team to lead the organization. This position is responsible for financial, accounting, and business analytics. Develops financial and operational strategy as well as ensures the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
Implement and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide support and guidance as it relates to the company’s strategic plan.
- Includes, but not limited to, a focus on payables, receivables, accounting, bookkeeping, tax, and analytics to gauge progress against goals and forecasts.
- Responsible for understanding and guiding as it relates to key elements of the company’s risk profile.
Maintain efficient Order-to-Cash and Procure-to-Pay systems.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with business partners and outside vendors.
- Provide financial perspective and advice to management team.
- Prepare and report accurate and timely financial reports and analysis of budgets and financial trends within the company and like industries.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Recommend benchmarks to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to the management team.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analyses as needed for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
Manage the accounting staff and outsourced functions.
- Evaluates the employee/staff plan for continual improvements with regard to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
- Provide employees with professional development to reach their career paths.
Oversee and perform day-to-day accounting activities to include:
- Cash flow, general ledger, A/P, A/R.
- Fixed asset tracking.
- Inventory management.
- Preparing financial statements and financial audit administration.
- Manage outsourced functions such as payroll general ledger, benefits, year-end procedures and tax return preparation with Accounting/CPA firm, cash flow and bank relationships, and evaluation of customer credit risk.
- Ensure accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, and that all reasonable discounts are taken.
- Ensure accounts receivables are collected promptly and approve credits, write-offs and reversals timely.
- Approve release of wire and electronic funds transfer.
- Ensure periodic bank and petty cash reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Post correcting or adjusting entries to the accounting system as needed.
- Maintain the chart of accounts, fixed asset schedules, an orderly accounting filing system, and a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Prepare and file sales tax returns.
- Coordinate the provision of information to our clients CPA.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing
Qualifications and Requirements
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in the manufacturing industry with total job responsibility surrounding finance and accounting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field preferred, however those with 5 to 7 related job experience will be considered
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in a manufacturing company required
- Experience in E2 and or QuickBooks preferred
- Experience in cost accounting required
- Team oriented
- Manufacturing experience
- Cost accounting
- Previous history of bank reporting
- Tech savvy
- E2 or QuickBooks online experience
Special consideration given to those with experience on Haas/Makino mills and Mazak/Okuma lathes.