22", M1A, Super Match, 4150, 1/10 Twist, BlackFaxon
Building on our success with AR-15 Barrels, 1911s, and M240 machine guns, Faxon is proud to offer its latest barrels for a new platform, the M1A. The Super Match barrel follows the match-winning profile with heavy weight to the rear and a balanced profile up front. Hand-polished .308 Winchester chambers* match to 1/10 twist rifling to create a barrel designed for the heaviest target loads. Coating is black oxide to allow one to break-in a barrel for maximum accuracy.
Simply put, we would not call these "Super Match" if they could not live up to the name.
- Barrel Material: 4150 GBQ Steel
- Barrel Type: Button Rifled
- Barrel Caliber: .308 WIN
- Barrel Twist: 1:10
- Barrel Length: 22”
- Barrel Profile: Heavy Super Match
- Barrel Gas System: M1A
- Inside Finish: Black Oxide
- Outside Finish: Black Oxide
- Muzzle Thread: M1A Standard
- Barrel Compatibility: All M1A / M14 Rifles (Threads are all timed)
- Weight: 3.30 Lbs
- Magnetic Particle Inspected!
- 11-degree Target Crown
Installers should not the following for installation.
- Barrels are machined with timed threads. They are ready to be torqued to the receiver and will have the gas port, alignment cuts, etc. all match.
- Barrels are short-chambered. They will require reaming to match with your bolt and receiver.
- The Super Match M1A barrels require a heavy op rod guide.
Faxon Firearms barrels are the pinnacle of value. Manufactured 100% in-house from cradle-to-grave, these barrels are fully stress relieved, air-gauge tested, and 11 degree target crowned to ensure superior accuracy.
Quality is imbued into our barrels from the start. We start with the best materials, either certified 4150 Mil-Spec steel or 416-R Stainless. From there, each barrel goes through a battery of tests at each operation until finished and final inspected. All barrels are individually checked for headspace by precision custom hardened gauges.
this barrel is mated to a Bula Defense M21DMR receiver finished with GI parts. prints 0.75" groups at 100m with 168 gr match hollow points pushed by 40.6gr IMR 4895. my 178gr ELD-X printed about 2.5" but they were being pushed hard 40 gr 4895. I need to pull back to 39.5 gr and the groups will shrink. I believe this barrel will print sub MOA with 178 gr match bullets. Great job and thanks Faxon for making an M14 barrel that works.