Send us your resume and any other requested materials to Jobs@faxonfirearms.com. Note- Call in inquiries will not be accepted.
Special consideration given to those with experience on Haas/Makino mills and Mazak/Okuma lathes.
Shipping & Receiving
Shipping and receiving clerk handles incoming and outgoing shipments. Assists customer service in receiving outside products. Further, assists Operations in the kitting, assembly, and packaging of products.
Production Manager (Direct)
Operations Manager (Indirect)
- Attention to detail
- Cleanliness and organized approach to tasks
- Positive attitude with a team first mentality
- Experience in shipping and receiving a plus
- Competence in communicating via e-mail and usage of common office computer applications
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily organization of orders
- Ensures accurate input of shipping requirements and customer needs
- Actively monitors inventory of job related items
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter. Assists with assembly and packing of products.
- Monitor safety conditions in the firearms assembly area and ensure all personnel are following company-established SOPs
- Work within company policy as outlined in the Faxon Firearms Handbook
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager as needed
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee will regularly lift weights above 50 pounds from the ground and potentially above the shoulders.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus and distinguish color.
Health and Safety
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
- Follow & enforce Company safety rules.
- Report the absence of or defect in any protective equipment or clothing immediately.
- Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that is required to be used or worn:
- Safety shoes
- Safety glasses
- Hearing protection
While performing the duties of this job, the employee infrequently works in outside weather conditions, occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but punctuated with high SPL firearms discharges. The employee will be required to wear hearing protection during these discharges.
Personnel Protection Requirements (PPE):
Required – safety glasses, Hearing Protection,
Optional – Safety Boots