ARAK-21 Upper Receiver
- Lead Times Are Currently ~12 Weeks
Components of the ARAK-21® Upper Receiver:
The ARAK-21® is a gas piston actuated, complete upper receiver assembly designed to seamlessly interface with the standard AR-15 platform. The total extent of the interface is simply the take down pin, and the pivot pin. The new ARAK-21® upper receiver offers you all its features with no change to your current lower receiver and can be installed in less than one minute with no tools.
Your ARAK-21® upper receiver will be shipped to you with one “Barrel Assembly Unit” (BAU), or two, depending on which package you purchase.
The BAU is comprised of the barrel, gas block, muzzle brake, gas piston, gas adjuster, and barrel trunnion. The only removable part of this assembly is the gas adjuster knob. The gas adjuster knob has 4 settings. Three of the settings allow different gas flows for optimum operation, and one setting blocks the gas flow for a single shot operation.
The upper receiver includes the charging block, standard charging handle, lower forearm with screws, three aluminum full length picatinny rails, three insulating shims, bolt carrier assembly, lower recoil lug with spring guide rod, and dual recoil spring system. Along with your new ARAK-21® upper receiver you will receive your owners manual, and two allen wrenches that will fit the screws that attach the lower forearm, and the front picatinny rails.
Due to the unique and innovative features of the ARAK-21® upper receiver, there are very few parts that are interchangeable with a standard AR-15. The firing pin, extractor spring, and ejector spring are the only parts that are standard and interchangeable with an AR-15 upper receiver.
Other features include:
- The upper receiver is fully machined from an aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum billet in a one piece design that incorporates a full length picatinny rail (Mil-STD-1913) on the top and three additional rails on the muzzle end of the receiver, making it a full M4 style quad rail upper. The top picatinny rail is laser engraved for optic placement. There are also half-length picatinny rails available.
- 12 ½” length BAU is available in 5.56, heavy profile. 16” and 20” length BAU’s are available in both the 5.56 and 300 BLK. There are two profiles to choose from, medium and heavy. BAU’s can be interchanged in less than 3 minutes by removing the (6) captive allen screws on the bottom rail using the enclosed allen wrench.
- Long stroke variable setting gas piston system. There are three options for gas flow, and one for no gas flow. This allows for single shot operation. There is also a clean out port for the gas block between the gas cylinder, and the barrel.
Charging handle is ambidextrous, non-reciprocating, foldable, spring returned and is easily relocated from left to right side without tools by the operator.
- Model “39” Eight (8) lug bolt design with involute profile for both right and left hand versions. The extractor is positioned at 3 o’clock. This allows for a left hand version to use the same bolt by simply removing the cam pin and rotating 180 degrees and reinstalling the cam pin.
- Self-contained firing pin retention system enclosed in a rectangular bolt carrier that no longer requires a cotter pin.
- Bolted in hardened steel rail system for the bolt carrier to ride on. This allows a metal on metal wear surface for better wear characteristics and a much smoother operation.
- The ARAK-21® system allows for a folding stock to be added, as our recoil system does not extend beyond the upper receiver to fully operate. This eliminates the noise and feel of the buffer tube cycling back and forth.
PLEASE NOTE:Images shown may include items not sold with the ARAK-21® Upper Receiver.
ARAK-21 Upper Receiver Includes:
- ARAK-21 Upper (As Ordered)
- Shipping Box
- BAU Removal Tools
- Magazine Marker Bands (300 BLK & 7.62x39, if ordered)
- Bolt(s) & Firing Pin(s) for Ordered Calibers
- Recoil Spring(s) for Ordered Calibers
Faxon Technical Note on 7.62x39 Caliber Kit:
- The factory recommends a high-power hammer spring to use with the 7.62x39 kit.
- Many aftermarket "light" triggers will not reliably ignite 7.62x39 surplus ammunition.
- A spring is included and installed on XRS rifles ordered with the caliber. It is sold separately for the upper or caliber kit only.
- Faxon offers a Wolff high power spring for sale.
- Faxon recommends HiperFire triggers with a special spring kit for an improved trigger pull. Contact HiperFire for details.
- The complete rifle weighs in less than 7 lbs, with no magazine or accessories.
- The standard ARAK-21 upper receiver with a 16" medium barrel weights in at 5.5 lbs. Pencil barrels remove .3 lbs and heavy barrels increase the weight .3 lbs.
- Uppers equipped with 12.5" medium barrels weigh approximately 5 lbs.
- Heavy 20" barrels increase the base weight approximately .5 lbs.
300 BLK Compatibility:
Due the fixed gas system length of the ARAK platform and variability of 300 BLK subsonic ammunition, a suppressor is required for reliable function with the 300 BLK BAUs using subsonic ammunition and supersonic on the 12.5" barrel.
Note to California Residents:
Due to changes in California gun laws we are no longer able to sell/ship the ARAK-21 XRS to California.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Faxon Firearms ARAK 21 5.56 AR-15 AK-47 Hybrid Review (HD)
http://www.faxonfirearms.com http://www.freedommunitions.com ...
Bud’s Gun Shop: http://www.budsgunshop.com/?utm_source=hickok4...
Faxon Firearms ARAK 21! AR15 & AK47 Combined
Get 10% your entire order with code "twangnbang" through Augus...
AR-15 - Faxon ARAK 21 - Range Review
Shooting the Faxon ARAK-21 .300BLK upper on my AR-15 lower rec...
19 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Love the arak 21 system, runs flawlessly. Very unique looking upper. The barrel is super accurate, sub moa!
Great work Faxon!
This is truly one of the best hybrid designs I have come across. it has taken me over a year to consider my options and Faxon has delivered to my every expectation with their ARAK-21 product. The tolerance on this upper is so tight, it fits like a glove on my Spike's Tactical lower receiver. Beyond pleased with the product and the Faxon team. The wait may be long, but so worth it if you are looking for a great hybrid system that supports multiple calibers. Thanks Faxon, I will be purchasing more of your products in the near future.
I am a US Army SOF veteran. I have used multiple weapon systems during my career. I have beed waiting for an rifle that had the best of both worlds. Finally FAXON came out with the ARAK 21! I would recommend using "Troy Industries Micro HK Style Front and Rear Folding Battle Sight". I zeroed my ARAK at 25 yards and then zeroed my red dot sight. No problem hitting targets at 300 meters! I am giving ARAK 21 5 stars!!
I love ar's but respect the durability of a ak47! This is the best of both worlds as advertised. I had a long wait to get this upper but it was well worth it. I know the DoD wants to adopt a new platform this would fit the bill! Faxon maybe you can do what colt and other gun manufacturers did with the m4 and farm out production? I'm very impressed with the fit and function of the arak21.
Tolerances are tight. Recoil is smooth and flat. The ergonomics are excellent. But one now before Hillary puts a stop to it.
After seeing this firearm in photos for years I bit the bullet and saved for it. I purchased the upper and another barrel. Putting it on my NFA compliant lower because the barrel is 12.5" taking it out to shoot was an experience. The weapon fires smooth. Really smooth! This is my first piston driven firearm and the difference is amazing. Faxon has done a great job with their precision machining. Everything's tight and moves smoothly. With their muzzle brake the weapon is loud! All in all it's a piece of art. Only con is its kinda front heavy but I went with a heavy barrel too. Still 5 stars in my book
This is the best upper I have ever used! If you want something different and more reliable than your standard AR, this is for you! Fit and finish is top notch, this upper is built like a tank! If have something wrong with your order like I had, Dominic and Pat will take care of you! I had a cracked brass deflector and they sent a replacement immediately to me. I will definitely order another ARAK-21, but this time I will order one in FDE.
Great weapon. It's beyond a quality product. Built touch to last long. Love the versatility of it and really love the amount of features and interchangeable parts.....it just needs a forward assist. I had some crappy ammo that didn't want to chamber all the way and I couldn't do anything about it other than eject it. Needs a forward assist. Other than that it's an amazing piece of equipment